A lot of us have been running to catch wifi signals from one corner of the house to another and some may have kept a sofa in the middle of nowhere just to catch router signals. Well, I had a similar issue until I bought Netgear extender.
So, in this blog I am going to provide you with some basic instructions to help you set up your extender via mywifiext setup. It generally involves plenty of little steps but takes it easy and you’ll be able to make the setup easily. They have a wonderful support system in case you doubt.
Follow the steps orderly:
- Switch in the Netgear extender.
- Let the Power LED turn green. If the green light does not appear, restart the extender.
- Using an internet connection, connect your device to the extender. Once the connection is established, the Client Link LED will light green.
- Open your browser and enter www.mywifiext.net in the address bar and you will land on The New Extender Setup page.
- You’ll see NEW EXTENDER SETUP – Click it.
- After filling all the information click NEXT.
- Set the Access Point/Extender to Extender and click Continue.
- Check if your router’s Wifi network is set to extend and proceed to the Next page. You’ll have the option of extending both wifi bands, please set them to your requirement.
- Use your router’s existing password or security key for the password section and turn to the next page by clicking the Next button.
- Here you will have to set a network name(SSID) and password for your extender. You can use the same SSID and password as your existing network by enabling One Wifi Name Feature. Click Next.
- The next page will display the list of new extender wifi networks which might take a few seconds. Using the passwords you created in the previous step, connect to the new extender.
- Verify if you’ve connected successfully and click Continue. You’ll see a confirmation for a successful connection display. Proceed to the Next page.
- A registration page is displayed. Complete the fields and click the finish button to complete the setup. You can skip the page if you don’t want to register your extender. Also, in order to use Netgear telephone support, you must register.
- Now, unplug the extender and take it to a new place which is somewhere between your wifi router and poor signal connection in your house/office. Don’t take it to your neighbor’s house ;).
- Now repeat the plugging in as mentioned in step 1.
- The green LED kink will help you find an optimal location for the best connection between your router and extender. Wait for the light o turn green or amber.
- Reconnect your computer or the device you are using with a new extended wifi network.
- Test the signal by checking the LED light is still green after moving the extender.
Now you may enjoy working in any and every part of the house. Sip a cup of coffee and relish your worktime or probably movie time.
There are some issues that you may encounter with your Netgear extender setup:
1. Reserved IP address devices cannot be able to connect to the extender.
2. After entering the wrong passphrase, you are not able to connect to the Extender.
3. Unable to download the latest firmware.
4. It says the password is incorrect but you are entering the correct password.
5. Extender disconnects from the main router while setup.
6. Accessing issue of mywifiext.net
Netgear Extender Support: Tollfree- 1-866-988-8965