NETGEAR is renowned worldwide for the variety of highly powerful user extensions it offers. One of them is the Netgear EX6920- AC1200 WiFi range extender setup. Extenders are machines, as the name implies, that is mounted on the network to expand the range of signals coming from the network router. The same feature is also available for the NETGEAR AC1200 EX6920 Setup. But there are certain features which distinguish it from other extenders, including:
- Capable of delivering up to 1200 Mbps AC dual-band WiFi signal.
- Capable of any router to operate with.
- Its dual-band feature makes it suitable for streaming HD videos and games.
- Its key appeal is scale. It is the smallest AC1200 WiFi Range Extender in the world.
- Netgear Extender Setup is compliant with 802.11 ac & b/g/n
- Can function both in the mode of extender and access point
- Suitable for using technology from Fastlane. In turn, this increases the streaming speed of videos
- Take advantage of external customizable antennas.
- You don’t need any CDs to mount the Netgear EX6920 Setup.
Using the WiFi Analytics App to verify the signal intensity
It is often recommended for the user to mount a new extender setup in the home network only if he/she finds a dead/blind spot issue in the network. If you want to measure the signal strength you get, then using the WiFi Analytics Software is the best option for you. This NETGEAR app comes with many other features, such as knowing your home network status, testing the strength of the WiFi signal, and many other options for which you need to explore the app.
WPS Method (WI-FI Protected Setup) – Netgear EX6920 Setup
- First and foremost, in this process, the requirement is that your router must allow WPS, which means it should have a WPS button.
- If the router does not have a WPS button, then the second approach has to be followed. First of all, you must press the WPS button available on the Netgear EX6920 Setup and then press the WPS button on the network router within 2 minutes.
- The WPS LED of the extender will turn solid green through this. Only by doing this easy move, your EX6920 WiFi range extender stands to be configured.
- You can now unplug it and put it in any location you want. The only thing to bear in mind is that the extender should be positioned in such a manner that it should be under the router signal coverage area.
To find the perfect place to place your newly mounted extender, you can also use the Router connection LED. If the router link LED is not green, you must bring the extender closer to the router to the point that the LED turns green. You can attach your WiFi devices with the Extender by positioning it appropriately. Your extender’s network name will be the same as the current one, but it will be the same as your network router with the password and _Ext.