Netgear EAX80 Setup | AX6000
Netgear EAX80 Setup | Nighthawk AX6000 Mesh Repeater is a high-capacity, speed, and mesh repeater designed for the coming years of Wi-Fi, providing maximum speed and coverage. You can have a better-connected home experience and extend faster Wi-Fi to the farthest section of your home with blazing fast connections up to 6Gbps. The Netgear EAX80 WIFI range extender is compatible with any router or modem. And setting up the Mesh repeater is super easy. So in this article, we are talking about the setup process of EAX80, and what problem a user may land into while configuring the Netgear AX6000 WIFI extender. Moreover, we are going to tell you the proper way to update the latest firmware on your Netgear EAX80.
How do I setup my Netgear EAX80 WIFI extender?
- To configure, first and foremost plug your Netgear EAX80 into a power outlet.
- To begin the Netgear EAX80 setup, make sure the booster has solid green power.
- Now connect your wireless device with the AX6000 mesh network.
- Once connected, launch any web browser i.e. Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- And navigate to the www.mywifiext.net web URL.
- You are now on the Netgear AX6000 WIFI extender EAX80 login page.
- Create an account and follow the instructions on the screen to connect your repeater to your home router or modem.
Netgear EAX80 Mesh Extender Setup | WPS Method
Learn the installation process to connect your Netgear EAX80 extender with the WPS button:
- To setup Netgear EAX80 WIFI extender, place it 2-3 feet away from the main router.
- Wait for the power led light on the EAX80 to turn solid green.
- Now, on the AX6000 WIFI repeater, press the WPS button first.
- And within a minute press the same button on your wireless modem or router.
- On both devices, you will notice the WPS light blinking.
- If you see Power, WPS, Device lit up solid green light on the extender, it means your repeater is successfully configured with your main router.
For more information & troubleshooting:
Netgear AX6000 EAX80 Firmware update
- Start your mobile device’s or computer’s web browser and connect to your extender network.
- Then, using Defualt ip 192.168.1.250, log in to your extender.
- Netgear Nighthwak EAX8 login screen will appear.
- Enter the default login information, then click the login button.
- The user manual provides the default login username- (admin) and password is (password)
- Select firmware update from the menu as well. A firmware update page will appear.
- There is an online search option. Tap on it, if a recent update is released, read the instructions on the page.
- Your repeater will be upgraded to the most recent version this manner.