Netgear EX6120 Extender Setup | AC750
Learn the step by step procedure to setup Netgear EX6120 WIFI extender:
- Plug the EX612o AC750 into the power outlet and wait for the solid green light to lit up.
- Once you have the power light, use a laptop or a cellphone.
- And connect your device to the default network “Netgear Ext.”
- Now, launch any web browser on your laptop or smartphone and enter www.mywifiext.net in the address bar.
- You are now on the mywifiext.net Netgear EX6120 installation page.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to connect your repeater with your main router or modem.
How to Setup Netgear EX6120 AC1200 with WPS Method?
- Attach your Netgear EX6120 wifi range extender to a power source.
- Let the power LED turn solid green.
- Find the WPS Button EX6120 WiFi range extender’s
- Simply hit the WPS button for five seconds. The WPS LED will start blinking.
- After that, press the same button on your main WiFi router.
- Now, wait for the light on your AC1200 and your main router to stop blinking.
If you see Power, WPS, Device led light lit up solid green on the Netgear AC1200 repeater. It indicates that you successfully configured your Netgear EX6120 using the push button method.
Note: If you still have the power light on the extender . Please redo the steps or use the manual method to install your wireless booster.
How to Login Ex6120 wifi extender Firmware Upgrade?
- To begin, power on your Netgear EX6120 AC1200 WiFi booster.
- Join a wireless network with a PC, laptop, or mobile device.
- After that, launch your preferred web browser.
- Enter your mywifiext.net login details to access your extender.
- Navigate to the Settings menu and select the Firmware Update option.
- Finally, click the Confirm button.
- If a new version is available, select Yes for the Netgear EX6120 firmware update.
- Wait a few seconds for the Netgear extender firmware to update
Common issues | Netgear Ac1200 Ex6120
- Unable to access the Netgear extender.
- Wrong wi-fi extender password.
- The WiFi booster is connected, but no internet is available.
- Issues connecting to the IP address 192.168.1.250.
- The Netgear genie smart setup screen remains visible until installation is finished.
- The wifi extender is not working.