NETGEAR WIFI EXTENDER SETUP
You can get an error message or be unable to link to the site when you attempt to access the website www.mywifiext.net in order to set up your wireless extender. Since www.mywifiext.net is not a standard internet website, this may happen. It is a local web address used to open a NETGEAR wireless range extender’s settings (genie or Smart Wizard). To reach this web address, your device must be either physically linked via Ethernet or wirelessly connected to your NETGEAR range extender.
If your machine is not connected to the Internet, you may see one of the following error messages:
- On Online Explorer and Edge for Microsoft, it will show that your page cant be linked.
- Chrome from Google. “It did not connect to the Internet. Since your machine is not wired to the Internet, Google Chrome does not view a webpage.
- On Firefox. “Not found servers. Firefox can’t find the www.mywifiext.net server.
- From Safari. “Unable to find a server.”
- Make sure that you have entered the right web address in your web browser if you see anything other than one of the screens or messages above. A mistyped web address could take you to a fake website of a third party who wants to steal your login credentials or asks you to pay money to use your range extender.
- NETGEAR would never ask for money to authorize you to use a bought NETGEAR app. After ordering from a registered NETGEAR reseller, NETGEAR also offers 90 days of free video chat and phone service. Close your browser tab or window and press this link to reach the correct website if you are unaware of whether you have entered the correct address: www.mywifiext.net
Troubleshooting difficulties associated with www.mywifiext.net:
- In the same space as your wireless router, carry your range extender.
- You should switch the extender to its planned position after the configuration is done and you have a working connection to the wireless router.
- Making sure the wireless range extender of the NETGEAR is wired into a power source.
- If the extender gets electricity, the LED power lights are used.
- Make sure it is illuminated if your NETGEAR wireless range extender has a PC to Extender LED or a Device to Extender LED.
- Unplug both ends of the Ethernet cable connecting the range extender to your computer if it is not illuminated, then plug it in again.
- In the address bar of your web browser, type the default IP address of the extender: 192.168.1.250.
- Reset your browser and try again if you somehow can’t reach your extender.
- To check that the problem is not browser linked, try using a different web browser.
- As free browsers, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are available for all major operating systems.
- Link your PC with an Ethernet cable to the extender.
- Assign a default IP address to your device.
- Note your new Default Gateway (Windows) or Router (Mac) address before modifying any network settings.
- Using the 192.168.1.249 IP address and the 255.255.255.0.0. subnet mask
- See the following Knowledge Base posts for more detail on setting up static IP addresses:
In Windows, how to set a default IP address
On Mac OSX, customize TCP/IP and proxy settings (first section only)
Contact NETGEAR Help to talk to a professional if you still can’t reach your extender.